How to Get Grit – Podcast interview with Caroline Adams Miller
Interview conducted by Cathy Heller, September 17, 2017
What does it take to win an Olympic gold medal? Overcome an addiction? Achieve your most difficult, life-long goals? Caroline Miller, author of Getting Grit and Creating Your Best Life, takes you through the exercises and mindsets that have been proven to cultivate the determination and tenacity that will lift you over any roadblock. She also answers questions about how to identify your life’s calling, why relationships are the most important factor towards your best self, and whether or not passion is enough to master your craft.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- When you’re fighting your faults, your downfalls, your addictions…have hope. It can get better.
- The state of being hopeless is goal-less. When you have hope you have goals.
- Pursuing the best version of yourself is the most inspiring thing you can do for others.
- There’s nothing special that will happen in our lives that isn’t outside of our comfort zones.
- Have goals that are authentically yours, not someone else’s.
- Step away from technology for a day. Get awe-struck by things that aren’t instantaneously changing.
- Build the mindset that things will get hard. Then find the channel that pushes you to keep going.
- The body only quits something when the brain commands it to stop working.
- Have humility to say you don’t know something, and be willing to go learn it.
- Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you, know what you’re capable of, and push you towards greatness – not mediocrity.
- Happiness is byproduct of helping others and being thankful.
- When you’re facing hard challenges, change your internal question from “Why?” to “Why not? Why shouldn’t I go for it?”
Click here to go to the original article.