September 26, 2016 – Gary Bertwistle and Darren Robertson
EP 98 : BUILD THE GRIT TO BE MORE & DO MORE IN OUR LIVES – CAROLINE ADAMS MILLER
Why we Should Set Unrealistic Goals in Order to be our Best.
Caroline Adams Miller is an international coach, author & speaker on the topic of grit, goal accomplishment and it’s connection with happiness, and a great friend of The Mojo Radio Show. Caroline is recognised as a world leader on this research and how it can be applied to one’s life for maximum transformation and growth. Caroline has been a pioneer in the area of grit and resilience for over two decades.
With a new book due out shortly, we were delighted to have Caroline back on the show to dig even further into grit and developing the ability to be and do more in our lives. In this terrific show we talk about developing true grit and how it can be applied to all aspects of our life.
Here’s what we chat to Caroline about in today’s show.
- How do we define Grit?
- What trends are happening around the world in the area of Grit?
- Schools, bubble wrap and being a nanny state.
- “You gotta move the pig”
- Gritty people seek hard feedback, they know what they are made of.
- What part do emotions play in developing and exhibiting Grit?
- How does consciousness play in Grit?
- Hope and willpower are big parts in developing Grit.
- So, how do we develop Grit in our day?
- Why we should set unrealistic goals in order to be our best.
- Adding to Malcolm Gladwell’s Outliers book philosophy of 10,000 hrs.
- What can Katie Ledecky teach us about Grit?
- Brown laces, white ball… bringing yourself to the moment, that exact moment, NOW!
- Could there come a time where VR can help us access Grit?
- How perfectionism can lead us to stupid Grit, stubborn Grit?
Click here to go to the website and listen to Caroline’s interview with hosts Gary Bertwistle & Darren Robertson, which begins at 9:26.
To subscribe to the MOJO Radio Show podcast or listen to any episode in iTunes, click here.